ICCR Scholarship 2024-25 Apply Online-The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) Scholarship is a fantastic opportunity for international students to study in India. It is fully funded by the Indian Government and provides a chance to study in various government universities and institutes.
ICCR offers different schemes, but the General Scholarship Scheme (GSS) (A1201) is the most significant one for undergraduate, postgraduate, and PhD students to pursue their studies in India, including courses in the arts. Every year, numerous students from around the world take advantage of this opportunity.
ICCR Scholarship 2024
|Scholarship From||Indian Council for Cultural Relations Govt of India|
|Last Date to Apply||May 2024|
|Official Website to Apply||The ICCR’s address is Azad Bhawan Rd, IP Estate, New Delhi, Delhi 110002, and the email address for the grievance is grievance[at]iccr[dot]gov[dot]in. Additionally, students can also contact the ICCR through their contact number: +91-11-23379309|
|Contact Details||The ICCR’s address is Azad Bhawan Rd, IP Estate, New Delhi, Delhi 110002, and the email address for grievance is grievance[at]iccr[dot]gov[dot]in. Additionally, students can also contact the ICCR through their contact number: +91-11-23379309|
In this blog post, we will discuss the various aspects of the ICCR Scholarship, including the application process, eligibility criteria, and the benefits it offers to students.
ICCR Scholarship Eligibility
Before applying for the ICCR Scholarship 2023-24, candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria. The following are the basic eligibility criteria for the scholarship:
- Nationality: Only foreign nationals are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Academic Qualifications: Applicants must have passed their 12th examination with a minimum of 60% or more. They must have mark sheets for the 10th and 12th examinations with transcripts in English. If required by universities, an equivalent certificate must be obtained from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Age Limit: The age of the applicant must be between 18 to 30 years. However, the age limit for Ph.D. courses is relaxable (age limit from 35 to 40) depending upon the institution.
- Language Proficiency: Students must have their mark sheet or transcript in English. Transcripts in their local language will not be accepted. They can translate to English from a certified translator.
In addition to these basic eligibility criteria, some universities may have additional requirements that candidates must fulfill. Candidates must ensure that they carefully review the eligibility criteria of the universities they are interested in before applying for the scholarship. Overall, the ICCR Scholarship 2023-24 is an excellent opportunity for international students who meet the eligibility criteria to pursue their academic and cultural aspirations in India.
ICCR Scholarship Documents
To apply for the ICCR Scholarship 2023-24, applicants must submit the following documents:
- Certificates, mark sheets, and transcripts of matriculation and higher secondary studies.
- Letters of recommendation.
- National Identity card (in English).
- Passport size picture with a white background.
- A written essay of 500 words.
- IELTS or any other English language certificate.
- Biometric page of the passport.
- Medical fitness forum (which is available on the website).
- Research Proposals for research-related courses, i.e., MPhil or PhD.
- Link to YouTube for students applying for performing arts.
- Certificates of other art-related courses.
The exact documents required may vary depending on the university and the course to which the applicant is applying. Applicants should check the university’s requirements before submitting their application.
It is essential to ensure that all documents are clear, readable, and in the English language. Copies of the required documents must be uploaded while filling the online application form.
In conclusion, applicants must ensure that they have all the necessary documents before applying for the ICCR Scholarship 2023-24 to avoid any last-minute inconvenience.
The Teaching Couple provides lots of advice and resources for new teachers.
ICCR Scholarship Application Process
To apply for the ICCR Scholarship 2023-24, applicants must follow these steps:
- Visit the official ICCR website a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in and create an account by clicking on the “Register” button.
- Log in to your account and select the “Apply for A2A Scholarship” option.
- Fill in the required details, such as personal information, educational qualifications, and course preferences.
- Upload scanned copies of your passport, academic transcripts, and other necessary documents. Ensure that all documents are clear and readable.
- Select the course(s) you wish to apply for from the list of available courses.
- Submit your application by clicking on the “Submit” button.
- After submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email from ICCR.
Applicants are advised to apply early to avoid any last-minute rush. The application process for the ICCR Scholarship 2023-24 is entirely online. Applicants should ensure that all the details they provide in the application form are accurate and up-to-date.
In conclusion, the online application process for the ICCR Scholarship 2023-24 is straightforward and convenient. Applicants must ensure that they have all the necessary documents before filling the application form.
ICCR Scholarship Selection Procedure
ICCR Scholarship 2023-24 is a highly competitive scholarship program, and the selection process is rigorous. Here are the steps involved in the selection and distribution of the scholarship:
- Screening of Applications: The first step in the selection process is the screening of applications. The ICCR will review all the applications and shortlist candidates based on their eligibility and academic merit.
- Written Test: Shortlisted candidates will be required to take a written test. This test will assess the candidate’s knowledge of the subject they are applying for.
- Personal Interview: Candidates who clear the written test will be called for a personal interview. The interview panel will assess the candidate’s communication skills, academic knowledge, and personal attributes.
- Final Selection: Based on the performance in the written test and personal interview, the final selection will be made. The ICCR will publish the list of selected candidates on its official website.
- Distribution of Scholarship: Once the final list of selected candidates is published, the ICCR will allocate scholarships to the candidates based on their preference and availability of seats in the chosen universities. Candidates who do not get their first preferred university may be allocated to their second preferred university.
It is important to note that the selection and distribution of scholarships are subject to the availability of funds and other factors. The ICCR reserves the right to change the selection and distribution process at any time without prior notice.
ICCR Scholarship University List
The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) offers scholarships to international students from a wide range of countries, including Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Brazil, Cambodia, Fiji, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, Oman, Palestine, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Saint-Denis Reunion Island, Saudi Arabia, Siberia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Suriname, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Trinidad & Tobago, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, and Yemen.
Each country has a certain number of reserved seats in particular courses allocated by the ICCR. For example, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) has 613 reserved seats for the ICCR scholarship 2023-2024. Additionally, there is one seat allocated for Portuguese Nationals in the ICCR course for Yoga, Dance, and Music. The exact number of seats available for each country and course can be found on the official ICCR website.
Applicants must select 5 universities from a list of universities provided by the ICCR application portal. The availability of courses and universities may vary depending on the country of the applicant. The application provider will allocate seats to the universities based on the availability of seats and the applicant’s preferences. If there is a shortage of seat availability, applicants may be allocated to a second preferential university.
ICCR Scholarship Benifits
The ICCR Scholarship 2023-24 is a fully funded scholarship that covers tuition fees, accommodation, and other living expenses for international students pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate, M.Phil, PhD, and post-doctoral courses in various fields such as Homeopathy, Science, Engineering, Commerce, Agriculture, Yoga, Dance and Music, and Arts. The scholarship amount varies depending on the degree of education.
For undergraduate students, the monthly stipend is 18,000 INR, and they will also receive a contingent grant of 5,000 INR per annum. Postgraduate students will receive a monthly stipend of 20,000 INR and a contingent grant of 7,000 INR per annum. For M.Phil and PhD students, the monthly stipend is 22,000 INR, and the contingent grant per annum is 12,500 INR. A one-time grant of 7,000 INR is also provided for thesis and dissertation expenses. Post-doctoral fellows will receive a monthly stipend of 25,000 INR and a contingent grant of 15,500 INR per annum. A one-time grant of 10,000 INR is provided for thesis and dissertation expenses.
It is important to note that the house rent allowance for grade 1 and other cities is 6,500 INR and 5,500 INR, respectively, regardless of the degree of education or courses. However, no medical benefits will be provided to students by the application provider. The scholarship program provides an opportunity for international students to experience India’s unique culture and heritage while pursuing their academic goals.
ICCR Scholarship Application Form
To be eligible for the ICCR Scholarship 2023-24, applicants must agree to the terms and conditions set by the application provider. Some of the conditions are:
- Students who want to live outside of ICCR-provided hostel accommodation will need to bear their living expenses.
- The scholarship does not cover Medical, BDS, and medical research courses that lead to PhD degrees.
- The stipend provided by ICCR does not include meals.
- Changing departments is allowed only if there are available seats, and students must contact university authorities to make the change.
- All students must have medical insurance of $6800 and provide insurance documents during the application process.
- The Association of Indian Universities (AIU) provides equivalence of foreign degrees for a certain fee, which students must bear.
- Students opting for science courses must bear the burden of incidental charges in a chemical laboratory. For educational purposes, laboratory chemicals will bear the price of that chemical.
ICCR Scholarship 2024 Apply Online More information contact here
For any further information or queries regarding the ICCR Scholarship 2023-24, interested students can contact the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) directly. The ICCR’s address is Azad Bhawan Rd, IP Estate, New Delhi, Delhi 110002, and the email address for grievance is grievance[at]iccr[dot]gov[dot]in. Additionally, students can also contact the ICCR through their contact number: +91-11-23379309.
ICCR Scholarship 2023-24 is a fully funded scholarship program offered by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) for international students who wish to pursue their studies in India. It covers tuition fees, accommodation, and stipend for eligible students.
The courses available under ICCR Scholarship 2023-24 include Homeopathy, Science, Engineering, Commerce, Agriculture, Yoga, Dance and Music, Arts, and Indian Culture, among others.
The amount of stipend varies depending upon the degree of education. For undergraduate students, the per month stipend is 18000 INR, for postgraduate students it is 20000 INR, for M.Phil and PhD students it is 22000 INR, and for post-doctoral fellows it is 25000 INR.
Yes, students can change their department, subject to seat availability. They need to contact the university authorities for the same.
Yes, medical insurance of $6800 is mandatory for every student who wishes to apply for ICCR Scholarship 2023-24. They need to provide the insurance documents while proceeding with the application process.