Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2023 Apply Online-The Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) is a program initiated by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, aimed at encouraging higher education for the dependent wards and widows of Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles (CAPFs & AR) and State Police Personnel.
This scholarship scheme has been running since 2006-07 and has helped countless students pursue their career aspirations with ease. The PM scholarship scheme is focused on providing financial assistance to eligible candidates and promoting higher education in the country.
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2023 Apply Online
|Scholarship From||Government of India|
|Last Date to Apply||updates Soon|
|Official Website to Apply||scholarships.gov.in|
|More information contact||Welfare and Rehabilitation Board (WARB) on the below-mentioned contact details – The phone number is 011-23063111 Similarly the email id is email@example.com|
In this blog post, we will provide all the essential information about the PMSS 2023, including the eligibility criteria, the application process, documents required, selection process, and disbursement of the scholarship. So, if you are interested in availing of this scholarship, keep reading!
Following are the main eligibility criteria to apply for PM Scholarship
To be eligible for the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2023, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- They must be a dependent ward or widow of deceased CAPFs & AR/ Ex-CAPFs & AR/ retired and serving CAPFs & AR/ State Police Personnel.
- They should be pursuing professional courses mentioned in the list (not applicable for lateral entry and integrated courses).
- The minimum educational qualification required to apply for these courses should be class 12/diploma/graduation.
- They should have obtained at least 60% marks or above in the minimum educational qualification.
- For renewal in subsequent years, applicants must obtain at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
It is important to note that last year, the Government of India decided to extend the scholarship scheme to cover the wards of State Police officials who are/were martyred during Naxal/terror attacks. As a result, a total of 500 scholarships in a year will be given to the wards of State Police officials who meet the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
Information about the eligibility of professional courses is provided through the following steps
Candidates who want to do professional courses like BTech four year courses in the field of Engineering or Architecture, BE four year courses similarly, BArch four to five year course can apply.
- Prefer to do medical courses i.e. MBBS (4.5 years), BAMS (4.5 years), BDS (5 years), BHMS (4.5 years), BSMS (4.5 years), BUMS (5 years), BSc, BPT (4 years),BVSc & AH (5 years),BSc MLT (Medical Lab Technology) (4 years),B.Pharma. (4 years), Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (4.5 years), BSc Optometry (3 years), Doctor of Pharmacy (4 years), BNYS (5 years), BSc Nursing (4 years) can apply.
- Similarly, candidates who want to do management courses i.e. MBA (2 years), BPlan (4 years), MCA (3 years), BCA (3 years), BBM (3 years), BBA (3 years) can apply for scholarship.
- Also other professional courses like BA LLB (5 years), BFD (3 years), BFA (4 years), Bachelor of Elementary Education (3 to 5 years), LLB (2 to 3 years), BSc HHA (3 years), BSc Microbiology (3 years),BFT (3 years),BASLP (4 years),BSc Agriculture (4 years),BFSc/B.Fisheries (4 years),BSc Horticulture (4 years),Coy Secretary (4 years),BSc Bio-Tech (3 years), B.Ed. (1 year), BMC (3 years), Hotel Management Degree (4 years), BPEd (1 year) candidates can also apply.
Here is the information about the main documents required to apply for Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2023 Apply Online
When applying for the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2023, candidates will be required to submit the following documents:
- Serving Certificate (in case of serving personnel) issued by HOO.
- Certificate issued by the concerned state government indicating that the State Police personnel was killed in Naxal /Terror attacks (if applicable).
- Certificate of Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) as applicable – Class 12th mark sheet, Graduation mark sheet (for all years) or diploma mark sheets (for all semesters).
- PPO/Discharge Certificate/Book (Mandatory for Category A to F).
- Death Certificate (Applicable for deceased personnel).
- Disability Certificate (Applicable for disabled personnel).
- Certificate of Gallantry Award (Applicable for Gallantry Award winners).
It is important to note that all documents submitted should be authentic and genuine. Any false or misleading information provided may lead to disqualification from the scholarship. Additionally, candidates should ensure that they have all the necessary documents in order to complete the application process successfully.
Information on how candidates can apply for PM Scholarship
To apply for the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2023, candidates are required to follow the steps below:
- Register on NSP:
- Visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
- Click on the “New Registration” button.
- Go through the application guidelines carefully and proceed to fill in all required details.
- Click on “Register” to complete the registration process.
- Complete the Application:
- Log in to the NSP portal using the application ID and password received on the registered mobile number.
- An OTP will be generated on the registered mobile number for successful login. Verify the OTP and change the password.
- Fill in the scholarship application form with all required details.
- Upload scanned copies of all supporting documents.
- Finally, submit the application.
After submitting the application, candidates are advised to keep a copy of the application form and all supporting documents for future reference. The application status can also be checked on the NSP portal using the application ID and password. It is important to note that the last date for submission of the application may vary each year, and candidates are advised to check the official website for the latest updates.
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme Renewal Process
Yes, there is a need for the renewal of the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme. To apply for renewal, a candidate needs to follow the steps below:
- Log in to the NSP portal using the application ID and password received on the registered mobile number.
- Click on the “Renewal Application” button.
- Fill in all the required details, including academic performance, bank account details, and personal details.
- Upload the scanned copies of the required documents, including mark sheets, fee receipts, and a certificate of attendance.
- Click on “Submit” to complete the renewal application.
However, to be eligible for the renewal application, a candidate needs to fulfil certain conditions, including obtaining at least 50% marks in each semester or academic year and passing in all subjects in each year/semester in one attempt.
The renewal application can be made within one year of the declaration of results, and it can be done throughout the year except for the months between January and April. Once the renewal application is approved, the subsequent payments will be made to the candidate’s bank account.
What is the selection procedure for PM Scholarship?
Here we have explained how the selection process is done for Pradhan Mantri Scholarship. Also in this selection process is done through about seven categories. The information regarding it is as follows.
- The first preference is given to the wards and widows of CAPFs & AR personnel who were killed in action. From here the selection process starts.
- In the second phase, the second preference is given to the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who got disabled in action. A selection process for this scholarship will be done for them.
- In the third stage selection process the wards and widows of deceased CAPFs & AR personnel who died during their service for causes attributable to Government service. They are given priority.
- It is desired to avail the fourth stage selection process to the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who got disabled during their service with disability attributable to Government service.
- It is desired to avail the fifth stage selection process to the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who have received gallantry awards.
- Fifth stage selection process for the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR only). It is desired to give them the benefit of this.
- The wards of serving CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR) are expected to avail the last stage selection process. This is how the selection process for PM scholarship is done.
Information about distribution of PM scholarship
In the following step we have provided the information regarding the Prime Minister Scholarship, how many students will benefit from it annually and also how much scholarship the applied candidates will get if selected.
- Looking at this one scholarship annually, around 2000 students benefit from it. Also, the distribution of this scholarship is different for girls and boys.
- This means that girls students here get a scholarship of around 3,000 rupees every month. Similarly, Boys students get a scholarship of around 2500 per month.
- Similarly, there is a slight difference in the scholarship regarding the course and other subjects. Similarly here 500 more scholarships (250 for boys and 250 for girls) will be given to the wards of the State Police Personnel who are martyred during Naxal/Terror attacks from 2019-20 onwards.
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2023 Apply Online more information can be contacted here
If candidates have any questions or concerns regarding the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme, they can contact the Welfare and Rehabilitation Board (WARB) through the following contact details:
Phone number: 011-23063111
Candidates can reach out to WARB for more information about the scholarship’s eligibility criteria, selection process, application procedure, rewards, and other related queries. The WARB team will be happy to assist candidates with their concerns.
The dependent wards/widows of deceased CAPFs & AR/ Ex-CAPFs & AR/ retired and serving CAPFs & AR/ State Police Personnel pursuing professional courses mentioned in the list and having minimum educational qualifications of class 12/diploma/graduation with at least 60% marks are eligible for the scholarship.
To apply for the scholarship, the candidate needs to register on the NSP website and fill in the application form with all the necessary details and upload the supporting documents.
Yes, a renewal process is available for the scholarship. The candidate needs to fulfil certain conditions like obtaining at least 50% marks in each semester or academic year and passing all subjects in each year/semester in one attempt to be eligible for the renewal process.
The candidates are selected based on certain categories, with the first preference given to the wards and widows of CAPFs & AR personnel who were killed in action. The subsequent preferences are given to other eligible candidates based on their respective categories.
The selected candidates will receive a scholarship amount of INR 3,000 per month for girls and INR 2,500 per month for boys, paid annually. The duration of the scholarship may vary from one year to five years depending on the course duration.
Yes, 500 more scholarships (250 for boys and 250 for girls) will be given to the wards of State Police Personnel who are martyred during Naxal/Terror attacks from 2019-20 onwards.