Adi Dravidar Scholarship 2024 Tamil Nadu Apply Online-The Adi Dravidar Scholarship 2024 is a prestigious opportunity for aspirants belonging to minority communities and residing in Tamil Nadu. The scholarship, also known as the Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Award, is designed to provide financial assistance to students from the Adi Dravidar community pursuing education at the pre-matric, post-matric, and professional levels.
In this blog post, we will provide you with all the necessary details about the Adi Dravidar Scholarship 2024. We will discuss the eligibility criteria, educational qualifications, documents required, how to apply online, and the benefits of the scholarship. We have also included answers to some frequently asked questions to help you understand the scholarship better.
Adi Dravidar Scholarship 2024
|Scholarship From||Tamil Nadu Govt|
|Last Date to Apply||March 2024 Now Update Soon|
|Official Website to Apply||tnadtwscholarship.tn.gov.in|
|More information contact here||You can call them at 044-28516689 or send a fax to 044-28419612. Their address is located in Chepauk, Chennai, and you can also contact them through their PBX number 28594780.|
We encourage all eligible candidates to take advantage of this opportunity and apply for the Adi Dravidar Scholarship 2024. By doing so, you can empower yourself and contribute towards the development of your community.
Adi Dravidar Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Adi Dravidar Scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Caste and religion: The candidate must belong to the SC/ST community, be a minority Muslim, or have converted to Christianity.
- Residence: The candidate should be a native resident of Tamil Nadu for more than 5 years.
- Educational level: Aspirants studying from Class I to the Ph.D. level can apply for the scholarship.
- Distance criterion: For Aspirants applying for ADW hostels, the distance between the school/college and their residence should be more than five kilometers. However, this condition does not apply to girls. In the case of female Aspirants, the distance between the school/college and the place of residence can be up to five kilometers.
- Income criterion: The family income of the candidate should not exceed INR 2,00,000 per annum. Aspirants wanting to pursue classes XI and XII in reputed schools through the ADW scholarship should ensure their family income does not exceed INR 1,00,000 per annum.
- Educational qualifications: Aspirants who want to study in distinguished schools should have cleared the previous qualifying examination. The candidate should have studied in an Adi Dravidar Welfare, GTR, government or government-aided school.
It is important to note that meeting the eligibility criteria alone does not guarantee the scholarship. The selection process is based on merit and the availability of funds.
Adi Dravidar Scholarship Documents
To apply for the Adi Dravidar Scholarship 2024, candidates must submit the following documents:
- Domicile certificate: The candidate must provide proof of their residence in Tamil Nadu for more than 5 years.
- Caste certificate: The candidate must provide a caste certificate to prove that they belong to the SC/ST community, are a minority Muslim, or have converted to Christianity.
- Marksheets: The candidate must submit their educational certificates and mark sheets as proof of their academic performance.
- Photographs: The candidate must provide recent passport-sized photographs.
- Income certificate: The candidate must provide an income certificate to prove that their family income does not exceed INR 2,00,000 per annum.
- Bank details: The candidate must provide their bank account details for the scholarship amount to be disbursed.
- Proof of ID: The candidate must provide a valid ID proof such as Aadhaar Card, Voter ID, or Passport.
It is important to note that the above-mentioned documents should be valid and up-to-date at the time of application. The candidate should ensure that all documents are submitted as per the guidelines mentioned in the application form.
Adi Dravidar Scholarship Application Form
To apply for the Adi Dravidar Scholarship 2024 online, candidates can follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website of ADW Scholarship – escholarship.tn.gov.in.
- Select the type of award you want to apply for from the list of options available, such as BC, MBC Award, Adi Dravidar Tribal Welfare Scholarship, or Adi Dravidar and Tribal Scholarship for HSC/ITI.
- Click on the “New Registration” button to create a new account on the portal.
- Enter all the required details carefully and accurately, such as personal information, educational qualification, bank details, etc.
- Upload the required documents such as domicile certificate, caste certificate, marksheets, income certificate, bank details, proof of ID, and photographs as per the guidelines mentioned in the application form.
- Review all the details provided in the application form and ensure that all the information is correct.
- Submit the application form online.
After submitting the application form, the candidate will receive an acknowledgment receipt with a unique application ID. The candidate can use this application ID to track the status of their scholarship application online. It is important to note that the candidate should keep a printout of the application form and the acknowledgement receipt for future reference.
Application Status Check
To check the status of your ADW Scholarship application, you can follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of the ADW Scholarship at escholarship.tn.gov.in.
- Click on the “Status” button available on the menu bar.
- On the new page that opens, enter your academic ID and student ID.
- Click on the “View” option to see the status of your application.
By following these simple steps, you can easily check the status of your ADW Scholarship application online. Make sure to enter the correct details to get accurate information about your application status.
Adi Dravidar Scholarship benefits
The Adi Dravidar Scholarship 2024 provides various benefits to the eligible candidates as per their level of education. For students studying in schools, female students belonging to the SC/ST category studying classes III to V will receive INR 500 per annum, and the government will grant INR 1,000 per annum to SC/ST girl students in class VI. SC/ST female students in classes VII and VIII will receive INR 1,500 per annum.
Children of those engaged in unclean occupations and studying in class X will receive INR 1,850 through the ADW scholarship. The government will cover educational costs, special fees, application fees, registration, and examination fees.
The welfare selects 1,000 boys and 1,000 girls who have secured top ranks in the Class XII board exam and grants them INR 3,000 per annum for five years. Day scholars in classes IX and X will receive INR 2,250 per annum to meet their educational expenses, and hostellers in classes IX and X will receive INR 4,500 per annum for their education.
For higher secondary school
For students studying in higher secondary school, the government selects ten deserving students from each district who have secured the highest ranks in their Class X exams. The selected students will pursue class XI and class XII in distinguished private schools, and the welfare will cover the cost of education through the ADW scholarship.
The ADW welfare provides free textbooks to students studying in ADW schools, government schools, and students studying in class I to XII. The students also receive free guides and question banks for students appearing for class X and class XII board exams.
The welfare provides free four sets of uniforms to students studying in ADW schools and those residing in ADW hostels. Special classes are given to students appearing for the Class X and XII board exams, and free bicycles are provided to girls who are convert Christians and boys studying class XI and XII.
For college students
For college students, the government grants INR 7,500 under the higher educational ADW scholarship to students pursuing an undergraduate degree and polytechnic courses.
The students pursuing a postgraduate degree and professional courses will receive INR 8,000 per annum. The state government also offers an ADW scholarship amount to students in self-finance colleges, and law graduates will receive a lump-sum amount of INR 50,000 to start their practice.
Adi Dravidar Scholarship Tamil Nadu Apply Online
If you need more information about the Adi Dravidar Scholarship in Tamil Nadu, you can contact the Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Directorate. You can call them at 044-28516689 or send a fax to 044-28419612. Their address is located in Chepauk, Chennai, and you can also contact them through their PBX number 28594780. They will be able to assist you with any queries or concerns you may have regarding the scholarship application process or the benefits provided under this scheme.
Students belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) of Tamil Nadu can apply for the scholarship.
The required documents include domicile certificate, caste certificate, mark sheets, photographs, income certificate, bank details, and proof of ID.
Applicants can apply online through the official website escholarship.tn.gov.in by selecting the type of award and filling in the required details.
The selection process involves scrutinizing the applications and verifying the eligibility criteria. The scholarship will be granted to the eligible candidates on a merit basis.
The scholarship provides benefits such as financial assistance for educational expenses, free textbooks, uniforms, and bicycles, and lump-sum amounts for law graduates to start their practice.
Applicants can check their application status by visiting the official website, entering their academic ID and student ID, and clicking on the “view” option.
The contact number is 044-28516689, and the address is Adi Dravidar and tribal welfare directorate, Chepauk, Chennai (PBX No. 28594780).